We are committed to leadership in sustainability.
- Sustainability: “In 2050, about 9 billion people live well and within the resource limits of the planet.” - Vision 2050 of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
- Leadership: We pioneer new solutions to sustainability challenges while continuing to shape our business responsibly and increase our economic success on the basis of a long-term goal, clear targets for the years 2011 to 2015, and strategic principles.
Achieving more with less: We create more value for our customers and consumers, for the communities we operate in, and for our company - at a reduced ecological footprint.
|Our Tools for Implementation
- 20-year-goal for 2030: Triple the value we create for the footprint made by our operations, products and services. We summarize this ambition to become three times more efficient as "Factor 3".
- 5-year-targets until 2015: With our 20-year goal in mind, we have set concrete interim targets for our focal areas (see graphic).
- Six focal areas: We concentrate our activities along the value chain on six focal areas that reflect the challenges of sustainable development as they relate to our operations.
- Three strategic principles: To successfully implement our strategy we have three strategic principles: our products, partners and people.