|Browse Products||Buy Now||Contact Us|
|How-to Apply||Feature & Benefits||Bonding vs Fastening|
LOCTITE thread sealants, available in liquid or stick form, prevent leakage of gases and liquids on metal pipes and joints.
All such joints are considered to be dynamic due to vibration, changing pressures or changing temperatures. Thread sealing is achieved as the anaerobic compound cures when confined in the absence of air, and between close metal fitting surfaces.
Designed for low and high pressure applications, they fill the space between threaded parts and provide an instant, low pressure seal. When fully cured, they seal to the burst strength of most pipe systems.
Browse Products by Industry:
Looking for thread sealants for Consumers or Craftsmen? Go to our Retail Website.
Advantages of LOCTITE Thread Sealants:
- Single-component – clean and easy to apply
- Do not creep, shrink or contaminate systems
- Can be used on any size of pipe fitting
- Replace all types of tape and hemp/paste sealants
- The seal resists vibration and shock loads
- Available with major agency approvals
- Protect mated threaded areas against corrosion
Watch how LOCTITE Thread Sealants are used on snowmobiles:
Benefits of using LOCTITE Thread Sealants instead of traditional sealant types:
- Solvent-based sealing compounds can shrink during cure as solvents evaporate. Fittings must be re-torqued to minimize voids. They lock the assembly by a combination of friction and deformation.
- PTFE tape lubricates in off direction, allowing fittings to loosen under dynamic loads and resulting in loss of clamping force and leakage. Dynamic loads may accelerate creep, causing leakage over time. The lubricating effect of PTFE frequently results in over-tightening of fasteners, adding stress or causing breakage of parts. Application requires good professional skills to avoid stressing fittings or castings.
- Hemp & Paste are slow to apply, are messy to assemble, and interfere with the torque needed to obtain the correct pre-stress. These can require re-work to achieve a 100% seal of the assembly.
Learn more about the Advantages of Adhesive Bonding vs Mechanical Fasteners
Browse Products by Feature or Application:
Typical Applications for LOCTITE® Thread Sealants -
Typical applications for LOCTITE thread sealants include sealing metal tapered pipe threads and fittings in the chemical processing, petroleum refining, pulp/paper, waste treatment, textile, utilities / power generation, marine, automotive, gas compression and distribution industries. Thread sealers are also recommended for industrial plant, fluid power systems.