|Browse Products||Buy Now||Contact Us|
Retaining compounds have found wide acceptance as a standard method for assembling press- and slip-fitted parts. Retaining compounds, an anaerobic adhesive, fills the “inner space” between components and cures to form a strong precision assembly. Other Loctite® anaerobic products include gasket sealants / flange sealants, thread sealants and threadlockers.
Categories of Loctite® Retaining Compounds:
General Purpose, Medium Strength Retaining Compounds
High Temperature Retaining Compounds
Retaining Compounds for Close-Fitting Parts
Retaining Compounds for Loose-Fitting Parts
Retaining Compounds for Machinery Repair
Loctite® Retaining Compound Benefits
- Loctite retaining compounds provide a 100% seal, preventing any fretting corrosion from shock and vibration once the joint is sealed.
- The hardened retaining compound eliminates the costly risk of fatigue cracking, which can lead to machinery downtime.
- The easier assembly of slip-fits reduces the number of rejects due to distortion and galling, saving money while improving assembly performance.
- Since assembly-induced stresses are absent from slip-fit designs, the retaining compound improves fatigue life and reduces field failures.
- Increase the sheer strength of cylindrical, non-threaded assemblies.
- An industry standard for assembling press- and slip-fitted parts.
- Fill the "inner space" between components and cure to form a strong precision assembly.
- Formulated in a variety of viscosoties, gap fills, flexibility and strength characteristics.
- Can be applied with automated process equipment or dispensed manually.
Typical Applications for Retaining Compounds
Typical applications include locating pins in radiator assemblies, sleeves into pump housings and bearings in auto transmissions.
Retaining Compound Resources: