|Browse Products||Buy Now||Contact Us|
Seal Gaskets vs. Gasketing Sealants
Loctite gasketing products are self-forming gaskets that provide a perfect seal between components, with maximum face-to-face contact, eliminating flange face corrosion. A low pressure seal is formed immediately on assembly, and at full cure, it provides a seal that won’t shrink, crack or relax.
Loctite gasket & flange sealants can provide up to 95% material savings over hard gaskets while offering flexibility in design, allowing for lower cost manufacturing methods.
Find the right gasket sealing product for your application:
The major causes of failure and leakage of compression gaskets are:
- Surface contact: compression gaskets do not provide total contact between the gasket and the flange surfaces. Therefore, minor leakages may always occur (weeping rate).
- Compression set: compression gaskets relax under dynamic loads and decrease in thickness, with subsequent loss of bolt tension in the flange joint resulting in leakage.
- Extrusion: gaskets can be squeezed out between flanges.
- Bolt hole distortion: high stresses are transferred to the gasket material under the bolt head, causing the gasket to crack, tear, rupture or extrude.
Key Benefits of Loctite Gasketing & Sealing Products vs. Conventional Precut Compression Gaskets:
- Single-component – easy and clean to apply
- Replace conventional gaskets – reduce inventory
- Excellent instant seal
- Fill all voids
- No need for re-torquing
- High resistance to solvents
- Resist high pressure when carefully cured
- Conventional Gasket Dressings: versatile, immediate green strength
- Cured-In-Place Silicones: automation equipment applied, high gap filling, reusable/serviceable gasket, immediate fill properties
- Formed-in-Place Anaerobics: improved structural strength, long open time, high pressure seal
- Formed in Place Silicones: High gap filling, resistant to dynamic fatigue, on-line pressure testing
Gasket Sealant Benefits
With Henkel gasketing sealant, customers can be sure of:
- No shimming effect; controlled tolerances mean no need for re-torquing
- All voids filled, reducing the need for a fine surface finish of flanges
- Parts that can be disassembled easily even after extended service
- Resistance to high pressure when fully cured
- Widely used as formed-in-place gaskets that produce leak-proof seals between mating flanges
- Prevent leakage of moisture, gasses, fluids, or contaminants
- Remain a liquid when exposed to air, but cure when confined between mating flanges
- Provide a low cost, high quality alternative to molded rubber, paper, metal and other hard gaskets
Henkel gasket sealant products can be applied manually or by automated methods such as tracing, stenciling, and screen-printing. These sealants are equally effective on a variety of metal surfaces, including aluminum, and most are resistant to gasoline, oil, and other solvents.
Browse other Industrial Manufacturing & Assembly product types: